- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Complete 72 classroom hours of Board-approved education or Complete 10 academic semester hour credits at an institution of higher learning in real estate or real estate related law
- Pass a 140-question state/national real estate exam
Wisconsin real estate licenses 为销售人员 are issued by the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services (DSPS). Steps for receiving your license are:
Complete 10 academic semester hour credits at an institution of higher learning in real estate or real estate related law. Proof must be provided to the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services.
Complete 72 hours of Board approved 为销售人员 within four years before submitting the 应用程序 for licensure. These are approved Real Estate approved providers for pre-licensing and 继续教育 courses - 点击这里
- Complete 72 hours of required real estate pre-license education.
- Submit 应用程序 to the DSPS. New applicants can apply by going online through the DSPS Online Licensure Application System (OLAS), which reduces the processing time, or by mailing a printed copy of the 应用程序, including proof of completed education or credentials. Such proof is available in my教育 history after successfully completing the WRA’s sales pre-license course.
了解更多 about obtaining your Wisconsin real estate sales license.
Broker license (pre-license)
The DSPS requires that you complete broker education training, provide evidence that you hold a real estate salesperson license for at least two years within the last four years preceding 应用程序 under the direct supervision of a licensed broker ,和满足 salesperson experience requirements. To obtain a broker's license, you must:
- 完成 需求方教育需求.
- Pass the broker licensing exam.
- Submit 应用程序 to the DSPS. New applicants can apply online via the Online Licensure Application System (OLAS) or by mailing a printed copy of the 应用程序, including proof of completed education and fulfilling the salesperson experience requirements.
了解更多 about obtaining your Wisconsin real estate broker license.
Sales and broker license renewal (CE)
The DSPS requires all real estate licensees — sales or broker — to complete 18 hours of CE during each two-year licensing period in order to renew their license. 然而, a salesperson who receives a license after October 1 of the even year of the biennium is not required to complete CE for that biennium. Brokers do not receive any exemption. 更新, you must complete four courses and two electives included in the current biennium curriculum as well as pass the exams for each course. All WRA CE courses are approved and satisfy the DSPS requirements.
更新, the DSPS requires that you provide the following as proof that you have completed CE:
- Number of credit hours received for each course.
The DSPS does not require the completion certificate you receive when you complete the course exam. The DSPS performs random audits to verify completion of CE courses as submitted to the DSPS. If the DSPS discovers that a licensee falsified a renewal 应用程序, the licensee is subject to discipline and possible license revocation.
If you do not successfully complete the 18 hours of CE, you may not renew your license or engage in real estate practice until the CE requirements are met. If you do not renew your license, your license will be inactive, and you cannot practice.
Inactive/ Out of State license renewal
Licensees can stay inactive for five years without taking pre-license education and passing the license examination. Licensees can activate their license by completing the CE from the previous biennium and paying the license renewal fees and late fee. Evidence of previous biennium CE completion along with the appropriate renewal fee must be provided to the DSPS.
如果你参加了WRA的CE课程, you can print completion certificates by accessing your education history in myWRA. Brokers can also use myWRA to verify agents' CE progress.
If you have held a salesperson license in another state within the past two years, you need to complete the Board-approved 13-hour pre-license education program 为销售人员.
Types of Commercial Real Estate